Polygon Cruncher 8.0 is now available!
It looks like the guys over at mootools have been busy!
The model optimisation plug-in Polygon Cruncher has been updated to version 8.0 and includes a number of improvements and bug fixes over the recently released 7.8.
From the Mootools website
- Memory management improved: this is now possible to optimize very large meshes.
- Adding normal optimization.
- Improving the batch module (merge faces and vertex settings simplified, log files, normal support...)
- 3ds Max version updates more cleverly the modifier stack when the option Apply Modifier is unchecked.
- New PLY binary export.
- Wavefront / STL / 3ds Max / Maya user normal support.
- The title bar now gives information on the version and the license status.
- Lightwave import crashes frequently when reading UVs. A crash might occurs on particular lightwave 5.x format. UV/VC are correctly saved when a same material is shared by several meshes.
- 3ds import is slow when the scene has a lot of meshes.
- Vrml fix (last face might be invalid and this can lead to an application crash).
You can get it from www.mootools.com