Error: Attempted to read or write protected memory
I've been using xNormal v3.17.5 for a long time. Everything was just fine.
Now, I have updated to v3.17.9 to try this plugin (it's designed to create normal maps that will work properly in Unity).
But even before I install this plugin, when I try to simply bake normal map, the subject error appears:
Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
If I reinstall v3.17.5 it again works as expected. I also tried v3.17.8 - the same as in v3.17.9, this error appears.
Here's what I do:
- Export hipoly mesh as obj from Maya.
- Export lowpoly mesh with tangents and binormals to FBX from Maya.
- As usual, add them both to corresponding tabs in xNormal.
- Enable baking to normal map, size - 512*512, bucket size - 32, Default bucket renderer (for x86). I have to use x86 version since the plugin is compiled for x86 only. I tried both under XP and Seven.
- Press "Generate Maps" button.
- As usual, "Preview" window appears. It completes 2 steps: Analyzing and Reading. And then this error pops up.
What do I need to do to make the last versions of xNormal work?