xNormal 3.16.12 released
November 6, 2009 - 6:55pm
Hello, community! xNormal 3.16.12 has been released!
This is the changelist relative to the previous release:
- Now it's possible to specify a background color independently for each map type ( normals, heights, AO, cavity, etc... ).
- Improved the sampling quality of ambient occlusion, bent normals and radiosity normal maps.
- Added an option to the AO rendering to skip backface hits ( which is useful if you render floating geometry ).
- Improved the compatibility with Windows 7.
- The xNormal installer now includes a x264 VFW codec ( to record Blu-ray quality "on the fly" videos in the 3D viewer ).
- Solved a problem saving some color values to the XML settings files. For example, this error was causing the normal map's default background color to be 126,126,255 instead of 127,127,255.
- Fixed a bug that was causing to ignore the Simple AO's background color if you enable edge padding.
- Solved a bug in the DX10 graphics driver that was causing some texts to dissapear.
- Solved a problem rendering direction maps with hxGrid ( the result was a void output image... ).
- Fixed a bug calling the Simple AO Generator from the command line ( the dialog was not closing correctly ).
- Changed the lowpoly/highpoly “Clear all” button's font color ( it was black... ).
- Fixed a problem importing the normals in the 3dsmax importer ( it was causing the Projection modifier to show a deformed cage ).
- Recompiled using the lastest libraries.