Knald 1.0 Released!
After a long public beta we have finally arrived and the wait is over! Knald 1.0 has been released!
We would like to truly thank everyone for all their hard work & dedication in helping us make Knald the best that it can be.
Going forward our journey will continue to update and improve Knald, so please feel free to keep offering us your suggestions & giving us your valuable feedback. We couldn't have done this without you! <3
You can now view pricing & purchase Knald HERE
We also have a 30 day trial version that is available for people to test system compatibility and other such workflow considerations.
Thanks again for all the support everyone!
What is Knald?
Knald is an ultra-fast GPU powered solution for generating “bake quality” textures from any 2D source texture.
How fast is ultra-fast?
Knald can generate a Normal, Derivative, Displacement/Height, Ambient Occlusion, Concavity and Convexity maps in around 5 seconds on a modern mid-range GPU. When loading an existing Heightmap directly, all other maps are generated instantly and automatically.
Once you integrate your source texture, all the controls in Knald are real-time, meaning that you can iterate quickly and control the exact look & feel of your textures without waiting for your PC to bake and catch up with you.
Multi-vendor GPU Support!
By harnessing the power of OpenCL™, Knald is a cross hardware platform solution and therefore is not limited to any specific GPU vendor. (nVidia and AMD cards currently supported) If your graphics card supports OpenCL™ then you are good to go!
What does Knald mean for artists?
- Versatile work flow – Artists can import and work with Normal, Derivative, Heightmaps and photo-sourced textures.
- All calculations & processing are performed in double/single precision floating point (float64/float32).
- Pixel perfect 8, 16 and 32bit support – Our file I/O and image processing pipeline preserves your high precision data.
- Best in class Heightmaps – Excellent quality, accurate height maps generated from a Normal/Derivative or photo-sourced texture.
- Best in class real-time AO – Extremely high quality and clean results rivaling baked AO at 600+ rays.
- Ultra fast results – Real time AO, Concavity and Convexity map generation adjustment means no more waiting for bakes.
- Simultaneous map processing – See and adjust the results of all maps instantly.
- Real time (scalable) tessellation in the 3D preview – See what your heightmap looks like before importing it into an engine.
Feedback and Support
We strive to make Knald the best that it can be, so please feel free to keep offering us your suggestions & giving us your valuable feedback on things such as bug reports and anything else that you feel could be improved within Knald.
You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions that you may have.
We love seeing art that has Knald has helped create so please feel free to post your work in this thread so we can view it in all of its glory.