WORKSHOP #9 - Latitude E6420 XFR

15 replies [Last post]
JBaldwin's picture

Welcome to the next workshop!
I am going to be trying something new. Instead of just posting up a picture, I am going to actually try to do this challenge with everyone in parallel. That way, as progress is made, questions may be asked.

Rules:

• This stage is High Poly Only
  • Result must be by Eye (No blueprints allowed)
  • You must follow the images as closely as possible. 
  • You MUST post images with updates as you go. If you wait till the very end and post 1 image with a finished product, it won't be considered.

I hope you all enjoy, as I have not truly modeled anything hard surface in quite sometime, it should be interesting. Smiling

Good luck everyone!
-Jeremy- 

srivignesh35's picture

Awesome Workshop. This will boost up my modeling skill....

can i create a separate thread and post the final image here?

metalliandy's picture

Yea, that will be fine Smiling I will stickie this thread for organisational purposes but feel free to make your own thread too Smiling

JBaldwin's picture

Make sure that your naming of the personal thread is right though. 

"Workshop" - "Your Name"
Example: ( Workshop 9 - Jeremy Baldwin)

-Jeremy- 

instg8r's picture

Sounds awesome! I haven't participated in one of these yet, so it will be a nice side project away from work

Katie Sabin

www.4dgames.us

3D Artist | Raven Software

JBaldwin's picture

Can't wait to see what you come up with Smiling

-Jeremy-

njackson4190's picture

Just started this today. Gonna work on it during my lunch breaks at work. Good luck to everyone. This piece will surely be a challenge.

JBaldwin's picture

Sounds great! Looking forward to your entry Smiling
-Jeremy- 

devingeesr's picture

Question can this be done in zbrush or are we only working in max, maya ect. ?

JBaldwin's picture

Any 3d application is fine Smiling You can use a combination of programs or a single one. Anything is fine.

-Jeremy-

KayvdHeuvel's picture

Hey everyone,

This is the first time I did a high poly model. It's also the first time I post something on this website. 

I started with the keys because I thought it was a good starting point. After that I also started with some details on the side. Let me know what you think and how I can improve my work.

render01.jpg render02.jpg render03.jpg

Dutch Communication and Multimedia Design student with a passion for 3D modelling.

JBaldwin's picture

Looking great! And welcome to eat3d Smiling
If you can, make a new thread in the section Mini Challenges/Workshops and label it according to your workshop.

Example:
Workshop 9 - KayvdHeuvel
Go ahead and re-upload your images there Smiling

-Jeremy-

njackson4190's picture

Welcome to Eat3d! This is looking pretty good. So usually when you are starting off with HP models, you want to be careful not to get into all of the detail to early. If you have to make changes or adjustments, it's a lot easier to make early on when you poly count is low. Start off with rough shapes first to get the general proportions correct, then you can move to smoothing and adding in all that extra detail. 

Check on the keyboard keys, right now they look like your generic keyboard keys. On the laptop they are more shallow and have a border around the keys themselves. Keep it up! I look forward to seeing the end result. Smiling

KayvdHeuvel's picture

Thnx for the feedback.

@Ceribral: Okay, I'll go create a new thread so I can post my own progress Eye-wink

@njackson: So just start with low poly and that polish things up? 

Dutch Communication and Multimedia Design student with a passion for 3D modelling.

maxkid's picture

whats  the  deadline  of  this  workshop

JBaldwin's picture

There are no deadlines for any of the workshops. Anyone is free to try them at any time.

-Jeremy-