High Poly Vehicle - Bobman0021 - Final

22 replies [Last post]
bobman0021's picture

So here is my final submission for the contest. I learned so much from this project alone and am so grateful eat3d for putting on this contest.

Hulkspidy51's picture

Wow! That's a really good start you have going. Keep it up

metalliandy's picture

Great start Laughing out loud

Cant wait to see more!

SaferDan's picture

this is amazing! I have been looking for faults but really cant find any, except maybe the bonnet slants back a bit too much? If you know this already or just think I'm wrong then just ignore me!

Well done man!

bobman0021's picture

so heres a little update for you guys, gona finish up the winch and bumper area and then move onto the back of the car.

and also if you could point out the parts that you think are slanting back to much that would be great. any crits or comments are greattly appreciated

jsargent's picture

nice! I love the military vehicles!! Only thing I would crit sofar is the tyre tread loovs like it needs to be just a bit chunkier and the center part sticks out quite a bit.  Could be the angle tho, cool work Smiling

bobman0021's picture

ya i noticed the tires looked a bit off but i think i deleted my tire tread template Laughing out loud so i think ill put that off till last but ill fix that hubcap being so obvious thanks for the crits

EDIT: also if i have enough time ill try and add the pkm and ags 30 to the top but i might have to modify it because i think it folds out of the interior which im not doing

JBaldwin's picture

Great progress Smiling

Some minor fixes (Already stated) But nothing that can't be fixed!

Keep up the great work!

-Jeremy-

bobman0021's picture

progress on the rear, also just realized i couldnt use floating geometry xD so i went back and modeled those back in Smiling

metalliandy's picture

Nice progress Smiling

jassi's picture

wow superfast progress..Smiling

JBaldwin's picture

Really nice progress. 
The only thing I would change would be the back light on the upper left side of the vehicle (right along the bevel). It currently doesn't look like its attached that well. Just merged geometry. Perhaps modeling in a base with a few screws to make it look more stable and plausible? 

Keep up the good work Smiling

-Jeremy-

bobman0021's picture

thanks for the crits guys always helpful.

ceribral - thanks for pointing that out ill make a base with some bolts to make it more plausible

EDIT: after looking through my references it looks like the lamp is made it 2 pieces one is screwed on to the roof and then the rest of it is screwed onto that or something but i guess some creative skewing of reality never hurt anyone? Laughing out loud

bobman0021's picture

i wont be able to post updates for a bit because when i started teh model i was at a graphic design camp and they only used maya. my regular program is 3ds max so give me a couple days to reajust to 3ds max and ill be back with updates.

bobman0021's picture

well im back after some family stuff made me put this aside for the last 2 weeks but im doing my best ot finish it before the deadline so heres the progress i made since yesterday

also i remade the tire to look more bulky and actually be high poly. fun fact, the tire is the highest poly object on the entire vehicle xD

JBaldwin's picture

Looking great! Can't wait to see some renders of this Smiling

-Jeremy-

bobman0021's picture

some work on the rear bumper

sridhar's picture

//am I missing any WIP Images?//now i am able to see the WIP. great start Smiling

metalliandy's picture

nice Smiling

bobman0021's picture

been working on all the little small parts around the vehicle and spent a lot of time hardening edges that i thought looked to soft.

I'm going to start working on the render at thsi point because i think that its at a pretty final state when it comes to my abilities as a modeler.

bobman0021's picture

test render.

metalliandy's picture

Just a quick reminder about the process for your final submission Smiling

Please ensure that your final submission has everything that is required for entry, edited into your first post (beauty shot's and turntables etc.)

• You must provide an unsmoothed wireframe beauty shot of the finished model, from multiple angles.
  • You must submit at least 1 final beauty shot that is at least 1280x720.
  • You must submit at least 1 turnaround movie of the vehicle created in any application of your choice.
  • Post your final image on the first post in your thread using our "File Attachments" system.
  • Upload your video turnaround to a popular video sharing site (Youtube, Vimeo, etc) and post the link/embed in the first post of your thread in the " Video Link" field.

Also please make sure that you edit the title of your thread to have - Final at the end.

e.g. High Poly Vehicle - metalliandy - Final

Thanks and good luck! Smiling

metalliandy's picture

Congrats on finishing Laughing out loud

Good luck!