Model 7290 Flashbang Grenade

4 replies [Last post]
Maarco's picture

Hi guys, so i noticed that before i run i have to learn to walk, even thou i've introduced myself to 3D 5 years ago, i've never really been able to do an decent looking hardsurface model, so i signed up to Brett's Briley class and managed to do one ! i was feeling so happy that i couldnt hold off and had to share with you guys, hope you like it ! (First image has 2k maps on it, i handled my uvs badly and my 1k maps got some blurriness on the text :/ so i used 2k maps just for the sake of prettiness on the showcase render)
Please any feedback would be welcome, dont worry i wont be annoying defending my piece on why i made that mistake, i swear ! 

Cheers guys ! 
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/flashbang-grenade-model-7290 (for more shots) 

JBaldwin's picture

Great job!
The main thing that jumps out to me (that I would personally work on) is how much empty space there is within the uv set. I would really try to maximize the area in order to achieve the best results for texturing.

-Jeremy- 

Maarco's picture

Thanks alot Jeremy !
Indeed im struggling quite a bit on getting a tight pack on my uvs, i'll certanly work harder on it for my next prop !  hopefully by end of the week i'll post it here Smiling

Thanks again !
Cheers 

Gustavo Monteiro's picture

Very well done, man

Congrats Eye-wink

Maarco's picture

Thank you Gustavo !!!