Barbed Wire Baseball Bat
I figured it was high time that I actually posted some actual art on here again, so here goes!
I have spent a few hrs over the past week or so working on a barbed wire baseball bat...I have never made a weapon before, so this was pretty awesome to get cracking on.
All the modelling was done with subd in Blender 2.58a and the sculpting was done with ZBrush4 R2
For those who are interested in how I did the barbed wire, it was done by making a small section and then adding an array modifier with the Fit Type set to curve, so that the # of parts would match the length of curve. I then added a curve modifier that deformed the barbed wire along the curve.
To make the curve, I just modelled a helix, which was then scaled and arrayed vertically, which was then converted to a curve
The barbed wire on the ball is the same deal with the fit to curve as before, but this time I had to make it permanent, because there was quite a gap between the wire.
Comments and critique are welcome