Wayne Robson's ReDucto Updated!
Always one never to give advance notice of when I'm putting things out app or plugin wise, I've just uploaded a tweaked version of ReDucto my poygon reduction app. The main tweaks are:
- A standalone installer for ReDuctro for non mudbox users
- Getting rid of the annoying windows UAC notices whenever you use it
I do urge any of you who had problems due to work or home computers having UAC still switched on to reinstall ReDucto. This should fix those problems through a very unwieldy bit of tweaking from me. You may still get false positives from norton etc, I've still to find a way to stop these barring kicking the programmers of anti virus software repeatidly about the head and body lol.
Just to clear up a misconception or two that never had time to back when I released it. ReDucto is not a mudbox plugin, it is a standalone app. It was originally packaged together with MudWalker as those would be the main people using it I guessed. You could say I was wrong as all sort of people and places use it. So the reason for splitting ReDucto into its own installer was a simple one.... that way its clear that anyone can use this and that you do not need mudbox installed at all.
- Unique Polygon Reduction Algorithm using its own AI that works out how best to reduce the polycount of your mesh created especially for digital sculpts. It gives better results that anything around currently.
- Intelligent hole filling capable of filling 'impossible holes' other apps will reject
- Indutrial strength tri stripping and un-stripping
- Bake Ambient Occlusion and Normal map data direct to your mesh at vertex level
- Mesh merging of high polycount datasets
- Find and Fix problems in your mesh such as rougue vertex, non planar faces many many more
- Fave, edge and vertex optimisation to enable faster loading times
- 3 types of subdivision not found in most applications
- Customisable interface configurations
- Works with any application it is totally agnostic
What is ReDucto?
ReDucto is a polygon reduction application that ships with MudWalker X that uses an totally unique algorithm found no where else. How can I say that? because I spent 3 years writing it, coming up with the algorithm myself and refining it before comparing it to everything else that was similar. You will find nothing similar in any other application. ReDucto is not the fastest polygon reduction, but I can promise you it is the best. Sometimes if you want the best quality you have to be patient.
ReDucto was planned as a commercial product but as my life got more busy I simply do not have the time for all that 'selling software' entails. Simply put, I got into art to be an artist, not to be tech support. The code that ships with MudWalker X is not the final version I use. Why? Your getting this for free you are not getting the final optimised version I personally use as that will never be released, because it gives me an edge other freelancers do not have.
Learn more about ReDucto and grab the installers HERE