Wayne Robson's MudWalker X And ReDucto To Be Released For Free!
The decimation tool and suite of plugins will include such features as Vodel grid based polygon reduction, Intelligent hole filling, Vertex level Ambient Occlusion and Normal map baking and Customisable interface configurations!
MudWalker X features:
- Send back and forth to many supported applications (including scene update as well)
- 'NoQuarter' A Vodel grid based polygon reduction with 9 easy to use auto settings
- Export selected faces/parts of your models or all of them (This can be used for easy model to 3d print parts workflow)
- Take all models in scene to their lowest subdivision level
- Take all models in the scene to their highest subdivision level
- Create a complete Multi Application project file structure if you wish
- Unique Polygon Reduction Algorithm using its own AI that works out how best to reduce the polycount of your mesh created especially for digital sculpts. It gives better results that anything around currently.
- Intelligent hole filling capable of filling 'impossible holes' other apps will reject
- Indutrial strength tri stripping and un-stripping
- Bake Ambient Occlusion and Normal map data direct to your mesh at vertex level
- Mesh merging of high polycount datasets
- Find and Fix problems in your mesh such as rougue vertex, non planar faces many many more
- Fave, edge and vertex optimisation to enable faster loading times
- 3 types of subdivision not found in most applications
- Customisable interface configurations
- Works with any application it is totally agnostic
Nice work, Wayne!
What is MudWalker?
It was the very 1st Plugin suite of its kind to be released for the PC. Due to having way too much going on at the time I eventually moth balled it for what is now over 2 years. Ironically the many that followed still do not support the number of applications or full feature set that MudWalker did in its 1st week of release. It allowed you to send your models and textures to any one of a number of programs and back in a single click...revolutionary back then. In MudWalker X some things have gone...other things have replaced them.
What is MudWalker X?
MudWalker X is a name I've given to what is now an entire suite of plugins and new features for Mudbox and supported applications. It also by default features not one but two polygon reduction algorithms. A very fast one (NoQuarter) using a voxel grid based collapse that can handle truly insane datasets (and is a wonderful get out of jail free card!) and the now infamous and until now unreleased appkicatoin of mine 'ReDucto'.
What is ReDucto?
ReDucto is a polygon reduction application that ships with MudWalker X that uses an totally unique algorithm found no where else. How can I say that? because I spent 3 years writing it, coming up with the algorithm myself and refining it before comparing it to everything else that was similar. You will find nothing similar in any other application. ReDucto is not the fastest polygon reduction, but I can promise you it is the best. Sometimes if you want the best quality you have to be patient.
ReDucto was planned as a commercial product but as my life got more busy I simply do not have the time for all that 'selling software' entails. Simply put, I got into art to be an artist, not to be tech support. The code that ships with MudWalker X is not the final version I use. Why? Your getting this for free you are not getting the final optimised version I personally use as that will never be released, because it gives me an edge other freelancers do not have.
Learn more about MudWalker X And ReDucto HERE