Quad Chamfer For Max Released!
Quad Chamfer Modifier for Max has been released!
The massively successor of the Quad Chamfer maxscript, which produces all quad chamfers, is now available for purchase in a vastly improved modifier form
The Quad Chamfer modifier produces all quad chamfers, unlike the normal 3ds Max chamfer which produces a lot of triangles and ngons.
What improvements have been made?
- Being a native c++ plugin now it allows you to modify chamfers in real time.
- You can determine the look of your chamfers by controling their sharpness/roundness.
- A robust new algorithm allows you to chamfer any edge combinations without unpredictable results.
- You don’t have to commit to any chamfer, you can always change them later.
- With the new “Use Smoothing Groups” option you can chamfer the sharp edge between smoothing groups. This allows you to go under the Quad Chamfer modifier and make changes to the topology without destroying your chamfers.
Here are some of the benefits you get:
- You get better results if you use Quad Chamfer in conjunction with turbosmooth
- No more unwanted pinching
- Great topology
- You can control the sharpness/roundness of your chamfers
- You don’t have to commit to any chamfer, you can change them anytime
- And many more other benefits over the normal chamfer and quad chamfer maxscript
Situations in which you would want to use the Quad Chamfer script:
- When you want to chamfer edges without producing triangles.
- When you want to chamfer edges without having artifacts after you apply a TurboSmooth modifier.
- When you want to add support loops without using the connect or the swift tool.
You can can learn more about Quad Chamfer and purchase the modifier HERE
Prices are €30 or €10.00 for the upgrade