Polygon 10 versus Polygon Cruncher 9 Article!
Polygon Cruncher has been much improved since the release of version 10 a few weeks ago and now includes numerous optimizations which provide stunning results!
Polygon Cruncher 10 for 3ds Max introduces a modifier plugin. This modifier is a very useful way to optimize one or several meshes by adding Polygon Cruncher to the modifier stack. Any change to the optimization settings is displayed in 3ds Max windows in a very interactive way.
The utility plugin is still provided too, allowing to perform the optimization in the usual external viewer.
Whats changed in Version 10?
- Polygon Cruncher 10 introduces progressive optimization.
- Each object is optimized differently depending on its number of points. Polygon Cruncher optimizes more or less depending on the object size.
- Polygon Cruncher 10 introduces new optimization texture mode. These new modes do not lock the points anymore giving more flexibility to the optimizer.
- As a result, this is possible to remove more points in a better way with these new modes.
- Polygon Cruncher introduces the preserve and protect modes for optimizing vertex colors. It gives better results and does not locked the points on the color boundaries.
- Normal optimization has been tweaked. Polygon Cruncher 9 options were taken back but with greater performance.
- Polygon Cruncher V10 introduces new modes that give a progressive control on the material boundary optimization.
- Points are not any longer locked and higher optimization ratio can be reached.
- Polygon Cruncher 10 interface is more compact making settings easier to adjust.
- Many smalls but significative improvements had been done to make the tool more ergonomic, such new display mode which show clearly were are UV seams or colors boundaries and are their optimization constraints.
- Polygon Cruncher introduces LXO format support and allows dynamic optimization on Modo files. Many improvements on file format support has been performed. Lightwave plugin as well as Maya exchange plugin has been improved too.
Learn more about the new features in version 10 HERE