MysticThumbs 2.6.6 Released!
Version 2.6.6 of the Windows Explorer Thumbnail Generator for Windows 7, Vista & XP has been released and includes a range of bug fixes, new features and optimisations
MysticThumbs generates thumbnails of many image formats not natively supported by Windows. It plugs into Windows Explorer so you don't have to run a separate application to preview your images, see them all in the native shell and Open/Save dialog boxes in all 32 and 64 bit applications!
Changes since 2.6.5 :-
- new: All MysticCoder products are now code signed! This gives security and peace of mind for all products and protects against tampering.
- new: Added tooltip help toggle to control panel.
- fix: Occasional crash on XP when evaluating.
- fix: Help links corrected.
- fix: MysticThumbs lowered the priority of explorer.exe and could sometimes not restore it correctly. Thumbnail extraction now occurs in a separate thread with its own priority.
- fix: Some memory leaks when asked for unsupported interfaces.
- fix: Check for updates crashed.
- opt: Extra low process priority option added for slow machines.
- opt: Icons added to combo boxes in control panel for file types, extensions.
- opt: Apply to options are now merged into one option that allows you to apply changes to all extensions or all file formats and extensions. All options are now on a per-extension basis making things clearer and more flexible.
- opt: Interface update with more user friendly controls and less clutter.
- opt: Maximum size and gamma controls now have inactive settings to disable.
What is MysticThumbs?
MysticThumbs generates thumbnails of many image types not natively supported by Windows. It does this transparently and in the background for Explorer so you don't have to run a separate application to preview your images.
It is a native Windows Explorer plugin which means you don't have to do anything other than install it. This means you don't have any new interfaces to learn, think about or otherwise deal with.