Blender 2.63a Released!
Hot on the heels of 2.63, the release fixes hundreds of bugs including:
- Fixed errors found in BMesh integration.
- Fixes for various crashes in bmesh, rendering and compositing.
- Fixed various drawing bugs with sculpt and paint modes.
- Animation motion path improvements r46158
- Improved OpenCollada support.
- Sequencer and movie clip fixes.
Thanks to 100s of bug reports we've done over a 100 fixes in just 2 weeks; enough to deserve a stable 2.63a release.
What has changed in 2.63?
- BMesh is the new Blender mesh system with full support for N-sided polygons instead of only triangles and quads.
- In particular there is a new Dissolve tool to remove vertices, edges and faces without making holes in the mesh, a new Inset tool to inset faces, and a much improved Knife tool which takes advantage of N-gons to generate clear cuts. Tools such as subdivide and loop cut will also generate clean topology because faces no longer have to be triangulated.
- Among the features added in this release are support for rendering environment maps, render layer mask layers, a shadow render pass, ambient occlusion and float precision textures.
- Motion tracking got some improvements which are mostly relates on 2D stabilization and few smaller tools.
- Other new features in this release include face hiding for sculpting, a compositing node to output multiple files at once or multilayer EXR files, new tools for linking and detaching nodes and more particle rotation options.