Blender 2.63 RC1 Released!
The release adds some really big improvements, including a totally rewritten mesh system that supports Ngons!
After months of hard work, the team is close to release this version with a completely modernized Mesh system!
- BMesh is the new Blender mesh system with full support for N-sided polygons instead of only triangles and quads.
- In particular there is a new Dissolve tool to remove vertices, edges and faces without making holes in the mesh, a new Inset tool to inset faces, and a much improved Knife tool which takes advantage of N-gons to generate clear cuts. Tools such as subdivide and loop cut will also generate clean topology because faces no longer have to be triangulated.
- Among the features added in this release are support for rendering environment maps, render layer mask layers, a shadow render pass, ambient occlusion and float precision textures.
- Motion tracking got some improvements which are mostly relates on 2D stabilization and few smaller tools.
- Other new features in this release include face hiding for sculpting, a compositing node to output multiple files at once or multilayer EXR files, new tools for linking and detaching nodes and more particle rotation options.