3d-Palace Mechanical Designs In Entertainment Masterclass 1
Our good friends over at 3d-Palace are putting together a great looking Master Class on Mechanical Designs in Entertainment!
The 10 week course will go over various subjects and stages such as student assessment, concept training, model refinement and custom concepts along with everything else needed for students to understand and master mechanical builds.
I am currently putting together a new Masterclass for anyone interested in learning about Mechanical Design in Entertainment using 3ds Max, Photoshop and any other tools that fit into the workflow. Because of this I would like to spark your interest with how this event will run and what it will entail.
The Masterclass, rather than being a traditional tutorial set on download or DVD as a massive pack, will be delivered one set at a time on a twice weekly basis. The releases will be tailored to the progress of the class and for what is trying to be demonstrated and as such the videos will be working directly around what the class participants are discussing. The project is going to be 10 weeks long and the aim of the class is to take any artist capable of wanting to learn and push them into understanding and, hopefully, mastering mechanical builds.
Participation will mean access to the videos for the classess, access to the discussion forum for the project, access to live chat for the project and also access to additional resources such as direct mentoring from myself, art assets, max files and so on.
The end result of this project is that students will create a large scale high polygon (and low polygon) asset in 3ds Max based on what they want to be able to create. Each of the students will want to create different projects and each of the projects will be mentored with support and videos created.
A rough programme of the schedule is as follows:-
- Week 1 - Introduction to the course. Assessment of student levels. Explanation of the end projects. Initial drafts of student projects. Assessment.
- Week 2 - Assessment and mentoring. Concept training.
- Week 3 - Assessment and mentoring. Refining initial models.
- Week 4 - Assessment and mentoring. Second stage detailing.
- Week 5 - Assessment and mentoring. Custom concepts
- Week 6 - Assessment and mentoring.
- Week 7 - Assessment and mentoring.
- Week 8 - Assessment and mentoring. Deadlines 1
- Week 9 - Assessment and mentoring. Deadlines 2
- Week 10 - Assessment and mentoring. Completion of a project. Asset delivery.
This course costs £115/$188 (approx), and will start on Tuesday 7th of June 2011. (limited to 10 places)
You can learn more about the Master Class and register HERE